Quit Notice: Igbos residents in the North relocating to the East


Igbo residents in the North have started relocating back home, following the quit notice given by Arewa youths.

According to DailyPost, during a visit to the God is Good Motor Park in Mando, Kaduna State on Thursday, June 8, the park was brimming with Igbos returning back to the east.

One of the fleeing Igbos, who identified himself as Ifeanyi Odozie, an electric appliance dealer.

According to Odozie, he was leaving because he didn’t want to put his family at risk.

He further disclosed that he did not trust the government to protect him and his family.

He stated: “I have been in this place for thirty years but I think I have overstayed my welcome here. I will take my family to the village and return by next week to sell off some of my belongings here.


“The federal government won’t be there to save us when problem starts.
“Since they (the northern youths) gave their order, who has been arrested?
“I also have my village, it is high time I returned home.”

Another igbo lady, simply identified as Chioma Okoye, a trader of second hand clothes at the Kaduna Central market in Kaduna, when she was interviewed said,"I want to go and rest for a while. I really don’t know what these people are up to. I will come back when they are ready to accommodate us.”

In Kano state, the situation was the same.

An angry Igbo man who identified himself as Mazi Obiekwe angrily scolded a reporter saying,“go and ask Buhari and his kinsmen why they want us to leave their land.”

Previous Post Next Post