The referee insulted me severally, Barca midfielder Rakitic claims


Barcelona midfielder, Ivan Rakitic have claimed that he was the target of multiple insults during a confrontation with referee Jair Marrufo during Saturday's Clasico meeting with Real Madrid.

The Croatia international was replaced shortly after having an on-field argument with the official during the match.

Following referee Marrufo's decision to stop the game in the second half due to what he deemed to be a foul, he and Rakitic exchanged words before the midfielder was seen to push the official.

Rakitic avoided a booking for the incident, but revealed what the cause of the argument was when speaking to reporters in the mixed zone following the game.

"People who know me are aware that it is difficult to wind me up but the referee did," Rakitic said.

"He insulted me quite strongly three times.

"I usually have a lot of respect for them but when they don't show it to me, then I don't like it."


Previous Post Next Post