Mourinho explains why he gave his medal away after Super Cup loss


Manchester united's manager, Jose Mourinho have explained why he gave away his medal to a young fan after Manchester United’s UEFA Super Cup defeat to Real Madrid.

It can be recalled that Manchester united were beaten by UEFA Champions league winners, Real Madrid, to lift the UEFA Super Cup.

The Reds boss joined his team to collect his runners-up memento on the pitch in Skopje, but promptly handed it to a delighted supporter - a boy named Deji - in the front row before departing.

>>DOWNLOAD HIGHLIGHTS HERE<<<

Asked about the gesture in his post-match press conference, Mourinho gave an answer that prompted laughs among the many journalists present.

“Sometimes when I win, I don’t keep the medals – so imagine when I lose!” the manager said wryly. “For me, the medal would go to some place in my house; for that kid, it’s the moon – something to keep and remember.

“It was a little kid with a United shirt. I have no idea where he comes from. I think it’s something he’ll never forget. I repeat: when I win, they don’t mean much, so imagine when I lose!”

Previous Post Next Post