Fayose declares intention to replace Buhari in 2019, vows to remain in PDP if he loses ticket, names those he will arrest when he wins


Ekiti State Governor, Peter Ayodele Fayose have declared his intention to become the president of Nigeria come 2019 under the People's Democratic Party (PDP).

The move, which was made known yesterday in Abuja, have, however antagonized party leaders, with them informing him that the ticket have been zone to the North.

However, Dr Fayose remained steadfast saying he was not moved because no one had indicated interest in the ticket from the north.

Speaking on a programme Politics Today on Channels Television, the outspoken Ekiti Chief Executive stressed that he won't jump ship if he wasn't given the ticket.

When reminded that his party has zoned the ticket to northern Nigeria, the governor said, “You cannot field incompetent person because of zoning.

"The problem we have in this country is the most our leaders we have elected so far were not prepared for the job.

“I don’t want the president that will choose his ministers after 10 months in office. I am the first governor to defeat the incumbent twice. I want to hit the ground running as soon as I get elected. I want to state it clearly that I have the penchant to oust the incumbent.

“Remember Donald Trump, many people were against him but today, he is the president of the United States.”

When asked what he will do if his party denies him the ticket, Fayose said he would still remain loyal to the party.
“No, I will not. My ambition is without prejudice to the party’s position. So, I won’t pursue my ambition on the platforms of other political part,” he said.

On why he wants to become Nigeria’s president, Fayose said he was highly accessible and had a kind heart.

“All the political leaders in my state are PDP but I don’t want to go to the senate, I want to be Nigeria’s president because I am accessible. I have the capacity to love people. I pick all calls and my numbers are everywhere,” he said.

Also reacting to the arrest of Toyin Ojo, his Commissioner for Finance, Fayose, in a series of tweets, said that those arresting people today will be arrested tomorrow.

Mr Toyin Ojo was arrested yesterday, after Governor Fayose declared his intention to replace President Muhammadu Buhari in 2019.

The Governor insinuated that some people in Aso Villa were using the security and anti-graft agencies to intimidate him.

“The arrestors of today would be arrested tomorrow.

“Those who gave reasons @realDonaldTrump won’t be POTUS know better now. I want to be President of Nigeria, that’s what I will be.

“They think they can use @officialEFCC to intimidate us, we are waiting. But tell the Villa hawks that last year, they used DSS, it failed.

“They remembered bailout fund the moment I made it public that I was declaring for President. So, Ekiti was the only state that got bailout?,” Fayose tweeted.


Previous Post Next Post