2019: I will only rule for one term if elected, Atiku promises

People's Democratic Party's Presidential aspirant, and former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar, have promised to only rule for a single term if elected for President in 2019.


Speaking he said,"I would! I have said this before on my own initiative. I believe in it. If I am elected as the President in 2019, I give an undertaking that I would only do one term.


“Having said that, let me remind Nigerians that Buhari also gave such an undertaking in 2011, but he is not living up to it today. My own case will be different. I am prepared to sign an undertaking to do only one term.”


“I am not Muhammadu Buhari. I do not make promises I cannot keep. I am assuring Nigerians that I will keep this promise. I am making it out here in the open. I am willing to sign a written document. If you or any other Nigerian can come up with an iron-clad legal document that binds me, I am willing to publicly commit to it."


He had promised earlier to stop Boko Haram if elected president.



Previous Post Next Post